Who says that eggs are just for breakfast? I'm a true believer in eating them at any time of the day, multiple times in the day. Whether that's good for me or not is really besides the point. All I care about is that they're delicious. And to all you egg haters out there? Keep hating, I don't care. More for me.
Actually, a lot more for me. Because once every few months my mom orders eggs from a local farm and our fridge gets taken over by eggs.
And that's only our second fridge, there's more in the other one. And that large egg carton? Used to be full. I guess we're an egg-loving family (of EIGHT btw), and also my mom goes way overboard on things. Like she did when she bought 100 lemons last month and I swear I wish I was joking about that.
Anyway, I came home from work starving the other day and used what we had in the fridge to make this sandwich. And then proceeded to have it for dinner for the next three days, which means I had to share it.
- Soy sauce
- Slice of bread
- Mayo (optional)
- Fry an egg, but make sure you flip it over so both sides are cooked.
- Make yourself some crispy bacon whatever way you like it best (I used chicken bacon).
- Sautée some sliced mushrooms in soy.
- Slice up a tomato.
- Brush some mayo on a slice of fresh French bread and slice it in half (or you can use two pieces of bread, I like a smaller carb to protein ratio).
- Put the mushrooms on the bread, the egg on the mushrooms, the bacon on the egg, the tomato on the bacon and eat.
What are some of your favorite ways to eat eggs?