You know those days when you get home from work at 5:30, collapse into bed and the next thing you know it's almost 9pm and you've done absolutely nothing productive other than bitch about your wireless provider on Twitter and kick your sisters out of your room? Yep, I'm having a great night you guys!!! I figured it was time to block Twitter for the night (where would I be without Chrome's self control add-ons?) and try to be a little more productive. So not only am I about to actually step out of bed right after I post this, I'm finally sharing this recipe I've had drafted for over two weeks now! I know, I can't believe what a productive human being I am either.
I've made this baked chicken bruschetta twice already in the last couple of weeks, each time using slightly different ingredients. The first time I had fresh basil and parmesan and the second time I used kale and gouda. Both ways were really flavourful and there was cheese involved so it's a win no matter what, right? The dry basil in it is really key so I recommend using a lot!
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- Dry basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- Cubed chicken (mine had been boiled and I threw it in but you can fry up some raw chicken if you'd like)
- Grated parmesan (or any other type of cheese, I used gouda the second time I made it)
- Salt and pepper
- Black mustard seeds (optional)
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Kale (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Dice up your vegetables: tomato, potato, onion and garlic.
- Fry up the black mustard seeds in a little bit of olive oil. Add garlic and tomato.
- Throw in the potatoes and add a little bit more olive oil. Turn the heat to medium and keep turning them so they don't burn.
- After about 10 minutes, add in the tomatoes and the basil.
- Throw in the chicken and let it all simmer on medium heat.
- Add everything to a baking pan and cover in parmesan and dried basil. Bake for 15 minutes.
Another day's lunch with some pineapple, almonds and goji berries, and half an avocado.