Just to let everyone know, I started a Facebook Page for Project Pack a Lunch so feel free to like it so you can get lunch updates while you stalk people you once went to high school with.
Now on to the food stuff, featuring a warm beef salad! Seriously, I know I say I'm obsessed with everything and I know that I'm a slight exaggerator but I am obsessed with this one! The flavor of the sautéed vegetables and the simmering meat marinade and the cheese is all perfect and requires no dressing. And no dressing hopefully means its low in fat (ignoring the number of calories in cheese because WHO CARES IT'S CHEESE).
This may not be a lunch dish, but I thought it turned out too delicious not to share. It took less than 30 minutes from start to finish and is really easy to switch up to make your own. I know a lot of people can't stand blue cheese so any other soft cheese should work. I'll probably use goat cheese next time I make this.
- 1 beef fillet
- 2 Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Brussel sprouts
- Alfalafa sprouts
- 1 Radish
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- Blue cheese
- Marinade: balsamic vinegar, vegetable oil, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black peppercorns, salt
- Marinade the beef and add in half of the chopped onion and the sliced garlic
- Dice the other half of the onion and use 1tsp of onion to fry it up over medium heat. Cut the brussel sprouts in half and add them onto the pan along with the kale and spinach.
- Leave the brussel sprouts but remove the kale and spinach and put them in a plate.
- Turn heat to low and add the sliced radish and the alfalafa sprouts. Leave them on until they are warmed. Remove and add to the salad plate.
- Leaving the brussel sprouts on the pan, turn heat to medium and add the beef. Once the beef is almost done cooking, throw in some blue cheese and mix until it melts in with the meat.
- Add the beef on top of the salad and sprinkle with a little bit of cheese.
So tell me, what's your favourite warm salad that's packable for lunch?